Making Facial Cream



RaeMarie Essentials Skin Care



Well, I'm at it again making a facial product with its essentials: Watermelon Facial Cream, Gentle Facial Wash with Aloe and Cucumber, Aloe Vera-Cucumber Gentle Facial Polish, and Alcohol-free Witch hazel Toner. You, get to choose which facial cream to go with these essentials.

 Facial Duo Body Cream is great for the face and body. It is not heavy at all, but it will satisfy the moisture for normal to dry skin. I also have the Watermelon Facial Cream, a facial cream for normal to combination skin. I will tell you guys about each ingredient I used and why I pick in particular the ingredients to formulate with. I also will have a special cream for oily skin, but that will take a bit of research. Well until then, In this segment, I'm only doing the Facial Duo Body Cream as a demo, or shall I say a short movie of what I did to develop this cream. It was fun to do, so let's get started. 


This video shows the oil phase and water phase portion.


NOTE:  The video explaining the ingredients was too large to add in, so I will YouTube this segment over again, but in the meantime, this is what I chose and why I chose these particular ingredients.


       OIL PHASE 

  • Mango butter-  Natural UV protectant. This butter delivers softness, protection, and regenerates the skin. 

  • Emulsifiers- Glyceryl Stearate- give my base a stable emulsion, and a plus, it is a natural glyceryl when making creams/lotions giving moisturizing and conditioning effect on the skin. The co-emulsifier, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate. I used this because is has a silky touch, easy skin penetration, with a soft, smooth after-feel, and nice spreadability, all due to its important origin from olive oil. 

  • Virgin Coconut oil- An excellent facial serum altogether. I love adding this to ensure a great product. It has a superior conditioning effect on the skin. A quality skin-feel product, and smells like fresh coconuts.

  • Jojoba oil- A liquid wax feels similar to human sebum keeping your skin supple while locking in moisture. Jojoba oil is an antioxidant and protects you from the damaging effects of free radicals, and it is antibacterial.

  • Polymer- I use a polymer to thicken my cream, adding wonderful skin feel, and airy product.

       WATER PHASE

  • Distilled water- helps with emulsions once added to oils.
  •  Rose water- hydration, toning abilities, soothes the skin, and when used regularly can help make your complexion clearer and smoother and reduce inflammation.

  • Extracts- Quinoa, Oats, Milk, and Bamboo extract. All of these extracts I find to be compatible with the Mango butter since they are all protect the skin moisturizes, tone, and making the skin supple and radiant. 

  • Essential oil blend- Lemon citrus, an uplifting, clean scent

  Below is my quick take on what I did to complete this facial cream.




Facial Duo Cream. Target: Normal to Dry Skin. Available soon at www.raemarieessentials.etsy.com

Stay tuned for the YouTube version.


~Thanks for visiting~








Popular posts from this blog

Testing and Experimenting with Creme of Nature Perfect Edges

ALL BODY POLISH & SCRUB SALE & THEIR BENEFITS

MAKING CHERRY ALMOND OATMEAL BLAST SOAP BARS